Sunday, April 11, 2010

Torvald the Gnome


Teeny Torvald here was knit using Alan Dart's Teeny Tomte pattern. Alan Dart (http://www.alandart.co.uk/) has quite a selection of lovely knitting patterns available on his website. I'm definitely looking forward to trying more in the future.

There were some issues translating Torvald from an English knitting pattern into my Americanized intelligence. For instance I had no 3mm knitting needles and so was forced to use US size three. A couple of the stitch/pattern names also were a little different than those I knew.


Much to my surprise, Torvald was knit flat and then mattress-stitched together. On my next foray into the world of gnomes, I plan to attempt knitting in the round, since that much stitching feels like a complete waste of time. In these pictures you can see that he isn't quite finished ans still has some loose yarn strands floating around.


This was a really enjoyable project. The size was fairly small, so I didn't have to wait too long to be finished. And Torvald is very cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment